Saturday, February 7, 2009

Confessions

In the spirit of full disclosure, I have to come clean. I have changed positions on a few things recently - I have been vocally and vehemently opposed to a few things, and I have to admit, they have won me over.

1. I love LATCH.

I refused to believe that it could be at all easy. I refused to believe those straps could even feel a little bit tough. Seat belt installation is no biggie, why mess with it? Um, rock-solid car seat installation in no time (and I had to figure out how to get the things out of storage under the car seat, switch the sides of the straps, and learn how to take the headrest off the backseat of the car.) I am officially a convert. Congress, excellent move.


2. HDTV is, in fact, better than regular TV.
It looks way better. It really and truly makes a difference. (Sorry honey, this does not mean that I think we need to buy one, but you win the debate in the abstract.)

3. Minivans are really nice.
I've been driving my mother's while in Vero. Other than the fact that I keep hitting the curb with the back wheels when I turn right in a parking lot (this would be driver error, I believe), I love it. So roomy, so comfy, and oh Honda Odyssey you don't kill the planet like you somehow ought to at that size (and you have a cute little "eco" light to tell me when my driving is very efficient!). Talk to me in six months when we have two car sets in the back, I may even want to trade in the Outback - scary, huh?