Thursday, August 12, 2010

Soliciting advice

Seriously, I am very much requesting replies here.

This summer we went strawberry and blueberry picking, and kind of went over the top. We have a TON of frozen berries, and I need suggestions for how to use them. Oh, and how exactly to do things, like make a blueberry pie using frozen berries without making soup.

For the record, I did wash all berries before freezing, and the strawberries are cut into quarters and cored (or whatever you call getting out the stem and white bit in the middle). I did NOT lay all berries out on a sheet and freeze and THEN bag - sue me. The blueberries are in 4 cup bags (yes, the amount for a pie, this was purposeful) and the strawberries are not really measured, mainly in gallon bags.

Bring it. I need some room in our freezer. It is not large, and this berry situation is a little nutty. At the same time, I plan to keep some for those long, lean months before the next berry season is upon us, but I want these recipes now so I can plan ahead.

Bring it.

Love.

Blueberry picking 2010

Strawberry picking, Rogers Farms