Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Contest!

I have a black tie wedding to attend in about a month. I have next to no time to shop, and am in a quandary because I'm in the process of slimming and am not sure what size I will need in a month. And yet, I need a dress.

I have no idea what a lady wears to a black tie wedding when only a cousin and not in the wedding party. Oh, and it is definitely black tie, not an option to spare.

Throw me ideas people - and, much like Crime Stoppers, whoever makes a suggestion that leads to a purchase wins a reward!

I will knit a custom toy/blanket/hat and scarf/messenger bag/etc. for you or your kid or your partner or whoever. Honest to god fancy knitting to order.

This is big time people. Dress me!

And, go!!

Addendum: See how little I know! Here is more info on the event to help you with your search:
My cousin is marrying a lovely gal who is from the fancy part of Charleston, WV. South Charleston, technically. Wedding is at 6, cocktails are 730-830 with dinner and reception following. Reception is at her family's farm I think - it seems like a very large estate. The invites were completely simple, engraved, traditional, ultra-fancy. Cloth-lined envelopes, hand-caligraphied address and inner envelope, tissues, etc. It's not black tie optional, which my brother's ultra-fancy NYC wedding was, it's just black tie. Fancy. Oh, they have a website! www.laurenandwill.com

For the record, Will is my first cousin, and I adore him. Babysat him all the time, the little terror. His fiancé is incredibly sweet and lovely, so I couldn't be happier to be celebrating with them!