Monday, October 25, 2010

Open Letter to My Good Intentions

Dear all of my good intentions,

If I were able to get you all together, and pull you from my heart and somehow transform you into reality, I would win awards. Like real, genius, serious money grants for awesomeness. Sadly, you all float around for a while, and only every now and again materialize at a time and place when I could, possibly, if I had the energy and the free hands, do something about you.

So let's make a deal, shall we?

You will hang out more. Come along and stick on my brain, at least until I can write you down for later reference.

In return, I will trade off some sleep, some rounds of solitaire on my iPhone, sitting still watching drivel on TV at night or with the boys, and make at least some of you happen. Really really.

I'll get the boys involved, and work on making all of it fun. I'll be perky, even when I really don't want to be. (OK, that last one I can promise once a week, and try for more, but being honest...)

So, good intentions, all I ask is that you don't just do little line sprints through my head when I am in the middle of changing a diaper or falling asleep. It's inconvenient when I am elbow deep in a whole chicken I'm prepping to roast, or driving. Just try to come back, it will be beneficial to everyone, promise.

Hugs and kisses! V

Sent from my iPhone