Friday, January 7, 2011

Oh, the irony.

The weather is amazing. A little chilly for some Floridians, but delicious for this one. My garden, having drunk all the amazing rain a few days back, is basking in the rising winter sun and is happy as can be. My kids are (knock wood) healthy. Stocked kitchen (I'm back on my diet, but even my diet-food coffers are stocked). Awesome yarn stash. Promising start for henry to get into ABA therapy down the street from my house, and good prospects for insurance coverage! Good prospects for finding a little daycare for toby, where he can play and hang out with someone other than me all the time (he will love charming new folks, it's his favorite). Life is good, except...

My goodness, I hate that except. I do.

I have no energy and I'm cranky as all get out. I got shingles on my eyelid, and it is so damn painful I can't even begin to adequately describe it. I look freaky, hurt, have splitting headaches and swollen glands, and fear I am about to give chicken pox to my husband. I know I just have to wait it out, but blech!! And ouch!! It makes being in the knelt and enjoying all the amazingly beautiful and wonderful things in the world quite hard for the moment, which sucks because I still see and appreciate how darn good things are and really REALLY want to just enjoy.

But I'm all cranky pants. Boo.