Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Busy

We have been so busy so far this week, and as of now, we will be for the rest of it too. Mornings have been packed, and afternoons have been spent playing in the backyard mostly (it's doing great, check it out!)
The playset in action, hooray!

Here is a sample of my new life with Henry, replacing conference calls and drafting deadlines...

Monday: Target shopping for things we need, like storage boxes, shower liner, sponges, bungee cords (they didn't have any I could find), ironing board pad... you get the idea. Mall playtime for an hour (that place is a little bit sketchy, but he loves it and I can guard the only exit without running around). Lunch at Chick-fil-A (I know, I know...). Home just in time for nap. Afternoon art projects with paint and puppets.

Tuesday: Swimming with Alex, Mimi, Ben, Sophia, and Maya. Lunch by the pool, and home for a nap. Afternoon naked time with water and swings in the backyard. (Note: Naked sliding is not the best thing, and I think Henry's down with this concept now.)

Wednesday: Playgroup at our house, in our fun new backyard! Afternoon... hmmm (Bret's not home until super late, so we have to figure something good out so as not to go crazy before bedtime!)

Thursday: Swimming at the community pool with Karen, Sebastian, and Sarah. Possibly an additional playdate early in the morning.

Friday: MusikGarten (music class), playtime and lunch with Maya.

With 3 million things to do, I have been trying not to nap when Henry does, but it's very hard to get anything accomplished when you are ready to pass out. I have been doing some napping, but more nothing because I am trying not to nap (but can't quite get it together to work on things). All this seems kind of ridiculous, so I have a new list of things that I need to get done, and I hope to work through some of it this week and then this weekend.

I've also been working on a couple of knitting projects - Mr. Noisy and Brobee for Henry, and a blanket for soon-to-be Toby. I'll try to update on those pretty soon, but honestly, you may be waiting a while (the projects may be waiting a while too!).

Now I am going to go take a nap, thank you very much.