Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Friday afternoon


Friday afternoon
Originally uploaded by Hamstocks
We were supposed to be running errands. I think Henry had asked me a question about something literally one moment before I took this. There was no rousing him. No grocery store. No Target. Just a drive home.

Henry has pretty well ditched naptime, which is fine. He sleeps at night well, and generally can make it through dinner without a complete meltdown. OK, occasionally he can, but that has more to do with other factors.

I miss the days of coordinated naps. I long for that hour when both boys are sleeping and I get to just be still. Or do the dishes, or something. Now Toby sleeps before Henry gets home from school, and when Henry passes out in the late afternoon, Toby is far from sleep. It keeps us a bit tethered to the house, since you can't run in someplace and leave a kid in the car. Thank goodness for drive through. Mama needs a Diet Coke now and again!

So that's all. Not anything terribly substantial today, just a little blurb about the trials of two who do not coordinate sleep. I'm trying to get my brain back, and find some time to put thoughts down in the computer. Again, with the non-coordinated naps, fining that time is a little bit of a challenge. Keep checking, I promise it will improve.