Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Quandary...

As I assess my list of potential projects - baby gifts, grown up gifts, kids gifts, toys, treats, functional pieces... I keep having to pause and ask myself, "Self, will they appreciate the work that has gone into this mighty fine crafty project?" And hence the quandary.

I love making beautiful things for people. LOVE it. But I admit, it breaks my heart to think that something I have poured heart and soul into might get shoved into a corner and then carted off to goodwill.

So, crafters, what are your thoughts? When you send your babies off into the world in all their stitched and pursed and finished glory, does that nagging question get you too? Does it affect how you pick projects and recipients, and does it make you reconsider the complexity level of a project you are sending to a tepid home?

I'm torn. I live the process. I love giving the project away. But I want that spark of live and appreciation when they open thd package. I love that too. *sigh*

------
Sent from my iPhone.

http://hamstocks.blogspot.com/
http://radicalmamalaw.blogspot.com/